Spring City, PA
Univeristy of Maryland Class of 2013
Team Kenda p/b GearGrinder Cat 1 Cyclist
University of Maryland D1 Field Hockey Athlete
Current City: College Park, MD

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Amherst


So, it's been a little while since I've blogged. I am currently with my Terps in Amherst, Mass for an away game weekend. It all began with our 9.5 hour driving marathon to arrive in Boston on Thursday afternoon. Then we played Boston College on Friday night. It was great to see an old friend from The Hill School, Nicole Morris, on BC's team. Like most sports, field hockey is a pretty small community and I love seeing friends when we're traveling. The good news is we won the game on Friday 4-3.

Moving on to Saturday we transferred hotels from the Marriott in Boston to the Northampton in Amherst.... yes, we're livin the ritzy life. haha. Amherst is a beautiful town. If you've never had the chance to visit I highly suggest you make the trip. A bunch of us on the team went shopping in downtown Amherst yesterday after practice. We found a new store, Faces, and I'm in love. Picture urban outfitters with tons of stuff and lower prices. It's eclectic and amazing! :)

Downtown Amherst

Faces with Chris, Brooke and Nat
I'll admit that the town is a bit... different.  We're in a fancy hotel that looks like something straight out of the tower of terror and there were a few homeless people on the street that growled at us.  But I it's so different here, I love it (except for the cold weather). 
This morning we did our usual pre-game run and now it's time to get ready for our game at noon.  We're playing UMass! 

On a cycling note, good luck to all of those racers at Univest today!
Oh, by the way I found a new quote that has become one of my new favorites... "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!"
That's all for now, talk soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment